Modern Slavery Act
The Modern Slavery Act 2015
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 ("the Act") requires all businesses to play their part in stopping modern slavery in global supply chains. Gravity Flooring are committed to being a responsible business and complying with the requirements of the Act.
Section 54 of the Act (Transparency in Supply Chains) requires Gravity Flooring to publish a statement on its website of the steps taken during the financial year to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our supply chain or in any part of our own business.
Gravity Flooring is an international distributor & installer of high-quality carpets and rugs & wood flooring. They are headquartered in Staines, Sell & market as well as design & distribute a range of high-quality carpets, rugs & wood flooring.
We have a number of internal procedures in place that contribute to ensuring modern slavery does not occur in our business by ensuring all employment and recruitment practices comply with both local and UK employment laws, such as:
- undertaking documentation checks to ensure employees have the right to work;
- providing all employees with contracts of employment;
- ensuring all employees are of legal working age;
- employees are rewarded with market-related pay and rewards.
Gravity Flooring operates its business both lawfully and ethically and this includes working with suppliers that have the same values. Gravity Flooring expects its suppliers to operate in accordance with all applicable laws, including respect for individual's human rights and the environmental and safety impacts of products and services.
All suppliers to Gravity Flooring must agree to abide by Gravity Flooring ethical standards and have:
- policies, systems and procedures in place to ensure the prevention of unethical business practices, including, but not limited to, human rights abuses, anti-money laundering, fraud, bribery, corruption, and other improper payments, benefits or gifts;
- not to use slave labour, child labour or forced labour, nor to engage in or support for human trafficking;
- to ensure that working hours, wages, overtime pay and working conditions are in compliance with all applicable laws; and
- to provide a clean, safe and healthy working environment to protect the occupational safety of all employees.
We have risk assessed all current suppliers and for all high risk and material suppliers we have sought positive confirmation of their compliance with the Act.
All new suppliers must provide positive confirmation of compliance before Gravity Flooring places an order with them.
We have an internal modern slavery policy.